The Bureau of Land Management (BLM), Lower Sonoran Field Office has published the Buckeye Hills Draft Travel Management Plan (TMP). The proposal designates approximately 680 miles of motorized and non-motorized routes on BLM-managed lands in Pinal and Maricopa Counties, Arizona. Proposed motorized designations on the planning area are as follows:
• Open to all use (OHV Open) – 324.6 miles (48% of total route network)
• Limited to authorized use (OHV Closed) – 80.5 miles (12% of total route network)
• Limited based on vehicle type; hiking allowed (OHV Limited) – 55.5 miles (8% of total route network)
• Limited to non-motorized use (OHV Closed) – 63.1 miles (9% of total route network)
• Closed to all use (OHV Closed) – 155.6 miles (23% of total route network)
BLM has scheduled two public meetings to gather input on the draft TMP:
April 18th, 6-8 p.m.
Buckeye Community Center, 201 E. Centre Ave., Buckeye, AZ
April 19th, 6-8 p.m.
Copper Sky Recreation Complex, 44345 W. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., Maricopa, AZ
Comments on the draft TMP must be submitted by May 8th. Comments may be submitted by email: email@example.com; or by mail: Lower Sonoran Field Office, 21605 N. 7th Ave., Phoenix, AZ 85027.
Draft TMP, Maps and Related Documents
For further information, please contact Erich Schow, Outdoor Recreation Planner, Lower Sonoran Field Office, at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (623) 580-5500.